Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale x BH Cosmetics Makeup Collection Review & Tutorial
Isn’t it such a grand feeling when the package of goodies you ordered arrives at your doorstep? I recently put in quite a large order with BH Cosmetics, primarily because I wanted to try the Ashley Tisdale Illuminate collection that launched last year & they were running some pretty dope sales at the time.
For those of you who have never heard of BH Cosmetics, they sell super affordable high-quality makeup. The biggest selling point for me is how buttery the eyeshadows are with a drugstore price point. I am also quite addicted to their gel eyeliner.
After receiving the Illuminate collection (well, most of it) I decided to play with it and do a look for you all, on camera, that was using mostly those core products. Before we delve in to the video, let me first go over the products I received.
The Illuminate Collection by Ashley Tisdale
The Illuminate brush set includes 8 teal and gold synthetic makeup brushes (4 face brushes, 4 eye brushes). The brushes are very soft and luxurious, definitely impressive for their price point, around $20 USD. They are cruelty free.
View Brush Set
- Brush #1 – Deluxe Powder Brush
- Brush #2 – Dual Fiber Blending Brush
- Brush #3 – Blush Brush
- Brush #4 – Angled Contour Brush
- Brush #5 – Tapered Eye Blending Brush
- Brush #6 – Large Shadow Brush
- Brush #7 – Smudge Brush
- Brush #8 – Angled Liner Brush
Illuminate Eye Shadow Palettes
Ashley came out with 3 different palettes for this collection, all of which include 12 different colors – 9 shimmer/matte shades eyeshadow shades, one contour, one blush and one highlighter. The palettes run around $12 USD.
- Goddess Palette – pink, purple, blue and brown colors (I did not purchase this one – just a color preference thing)
- Beach Goddess Palette – nude, bronze and copper colors (Perfect for a beachy, summer day time look – light, classic and natural shades) – pictured above – bottom left
- Night Goddess Palette – peach, pink, purple, bronze and brown colors (Gorgeous for day or night time looks – deeper colors than beach goddess)- pictured above – top right
Illuminate Enhancing Lip Glosses
The illuminate lip glosses are gorgeous. Perfect for beachy, summery vibes. The formula is full-coverage, hydrating and anti-aging. There are six colors to choose from (I only bought 3) and they’re all honestly to die for. They are all sparkly, and have a sheen. The glosses run around $6 USD.
- Bonfire – dark magenta pink
- Aloha – baby doll pink (I grabbed this one – pictured above)
- Hibiscus – muted berry
- Coral Reef – peachy pink (I grabbed this one – pictured above)
- Skinny Dipping – nude brown
- Tan Lines – muted, pinky beige (I grabbed this one – pictured above)
Illuminate Cream Cheek & Lip Tints
The Illuminate cream cheek and lip tint is pretty self explanatory – it’s a cream color that can be applied to your cheeks and/or lips. I only grabbed two of these bad boys (again, just a color preference), but there are 6 shades total. The tints run around $6 USD.
- Cabana – nude mauve (I grabbed this one – pictured above)
- Rosé – coral pink (I grabbed this one – pictured above)
- Peaches n’ Cream – orangey
- Espresso – reddish brown
- Coco – medium brown
- Red Velvet – berry red
The Rest of The Collection
There are a few more items in the collection that I didn’t purchase and therefore didn’t review. This include two highlighter shades, called illuminating shimmer, in the colors sand (lighter – beige) and beach bum (darker – gold). They didn’t really trip my trigger color wise, I feared they would to too dark for my fair complexion. There is also a body bronzer gradual tanner. I’m really picky with tanners and love my Jergens Natural Glow, so I passed. Let me know if you’ve tried them, though!
Review of The Illuminate Collection
Overall, I’m pretty impressed with the collection, especially for how affordable it was. The brushes have become an OG in my daily routine. The eyeshadows are a little patchy, but the pigmentation of the shadows make up for it. I don’t know that they would be super long lasting and I probably wouldn’t apply them to a client for a formal event. The lip glosses smell great, but are a little sticky. I had to grab a lip brush to blend it out. They were not long lasting, but most glosses are not. The cheek and lip tints are very pigmented without looking fake or cakey, I really like those a lot. The only major disappointment I have with the set overall is that it’s not going to work well for every skin tone, especially deeper tones.
Illuminate Collection & BH Cosmetics Discounts
Buy one, get one FREE Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale Enhancing Lip Gloss! Use code: GLOSSY. Shop now!
EXTRA 15% OFF the original Sculpt and Blend Brush Set! Use code: SCULPT15. Shop now!
FREE BH Liquid Eyeliner in Black on purchases $20+! Use code: FREELINER. Shop now!
Full-face Makeup Tutorial Using Illuminate Products
Disclaimer: I AM an affiliate for BH Cosmetics, however this blog post and YouTube tutorial are NOT sponsored nor endorsed. I will never talk highly of nor hype up products I don’t truly believe in or wouldn’t use myself. Honesty is the best policy and something I take to heart.